I love changing up my therapy materials up from time to time to surprise my students. I really love Teachers Pay Teachers for this purpose. It helps me find randomness when I need it. I am going to share my most "random" products below, but first I wanted to share some free and easy "random" ideas that are a hit with students. At the end I will share one of my favorite purchases from TPT that I found from another seller!
1. Trash can basketball- This one is probably the easiest to set up but it will get your students moving and engaged. Simply wod up paper into balls and place an empty trash can or bin across the room. The student will practice a target word or skill and then try to make the paper ball into the can. You can make it a competition!
2. Card bean bag toss- Spread out your favorite articulation or language cards on the floor and have the students toss bean bags (or small stuffed animals) onto them. Simple but kids really like it!
3. Flashlight Search and Find: Tape a certain number of articulation or language cards/targets around the room. Turn down the lights (be cautious of safety leave some lights on) and give the students a flashlight. Tell them to search until they found all of the cards (in the meantime practicing the skill every time they find one).
I have created what some people have called pretty "random" therapy activities. My students LOVE when I create something new like this, a little novelty goes a long way! These products are unlike anything else and are for sure going to intrigue your students. Click on any of the colored links to see them on Teachers Pay Teachers (be on the lookout for some freebie links below too)
1. Laser Pointer Companions
Laser Zap Speech (Zap aliens with laser lights as you practice articulation and language)
Laser Zap Cats (Everyone knows that cats like laser lights!)
Click here for an instant download of some laser zappin' worksheets!
2. Googly Eyes Companions
I See You Articulation: A googly eyes companion that is a little quirky!
(available in 4 different themes: faces, zoo animals, farm animals, and ocean animals)
Click here for the k/g freebie from the faces pack
3. Articulation and Vocabulary Toss
Artic and Vocab Toss: Use Dixie cups and pom poms with these mats to get the students engaged!
Click here for the initial/final g freebie
4 . Paper Clip Companion
Paper Clippin' Articulation: A quick drilling activity with paper clips (everyone has paper clips right?
Also available in Spanish
5. Time and Articulation Practice??
Rtic Toc: Practice telling time while practicing articulation (so random I know!)
For my last "random" gift to you, click here to download some Speech Therapy Quick Lists! I use these lists all the time with "random" activities!
I hope your next therapy session is random!
(Stay in touch with me on Instagram by clicking here)
Also all of the Amazon products I linked are available for Prime two day shipping.
If you don't have Prime click here for a free 30 day trial (soooo worth it)